Wednesday 23 September 2020

The Satisfaction of Cider

We just bottled our cider . We are drinking the 100 mL or so we measured with the alcohol thermometer, and it is very pleasant so far: appley and sweet, if not at all fizzy. That will come later. 

We filled all 12 of the new glass bottles I bought this year, and one brown glass bottle and six plastic bottles. The next step is to store them somewhere cool and wait for Christmas. 

In other news, I spent from 4 PM until 6 PM in the dentist's chair, and so I am very tired. One more round of dentistry to go this month. What a thing it is to have human teeth. 

I was told not to eat anything hard, like nuts, or anything sticky. Frankly, I was not in the mood to eat anything when she said that. During one particularly horrible minute, I was glad I hadn't eaten all day. However, shortly after I tottered outside and to the bus stop, I thought hard about soft and squishy comfort food. I was definitely in need of comfort. 

The upshot was that I stopped in at the supermarket on the way home for milk and chocolate and cooked a chocolate pudding as soon as I got home. It is now cooling in little glass ramekins in the fridge.  I shall cut up my supper into little tiny pieces, and then I shall have the Comfort of Pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment