Thursday 25 March 2021

Menus and shopping lists

Just a tiny post to say that this has been the tastiest Lent ever because, in an attempt to have a strict Lent, I worked out a six week supper plan, using three cookbooks with many vegetarian recipes, plus a couple of online finds. It was easy to make shopping lists based on this plan, and this cut down our normal shopping trips to 2 a week--or 3, if you count grocery tourism at Tesco. As a result, we have not just lost weight, we have also saved a lot of money.

4 comments:

  1. Well now you can't just smugly post about your thin waist and thick purse and not give details Mrs McLean. I for one would be interested in reading your plan. Cooking for myself can be expensive or monotonous in a world of recipes for 4. Also glad that you haven't deserted your blog. Sinéad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Lovely to see you! And that's a great idea! I will get on that this week. I've been asked for posts on married life by a young affianced friend, so that can be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to that, you are the only blog I've kept up with all these years. I post rarely but check in often and still value your thoughts.

    Sinéad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "yours is the only blog" I should have written. Words are hard on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Mea culpa! Sinéad.

    ReplyDelete